Opening Times & Event Info
Dr Neil's Garden is open every day including weekends from 10 am till Dusk.
- Illustrated Talk "Making Time in the Sun" Thursday 9/3/17 19:30
The Garden Room
- The Garden Room is now open again for Summer 2017. Opening Hours are:
•Wednesday to Saturday 10:00 to 16:00
•Sunday 13:00 to 14:00
For more information on events and special weekends see the What's On page.
No dogs allowed
Welcome to Dr Neil’s Garden
The garden was started in 1963 by the Drs Andrew and Nancy Neil who, with the help of volunteers, turned it into one of the most surprising hidden gems in Edinburgh. To safeguard the Neils’ legacy for the future a charity was established – Dr Neil’s Garden Trust – which for fifteen years has continued to maintain and develop the garden. This has in part been funded via a grant from the National Trust for Scotland which covered much of the cost of employing a professional gardener. Except on special fund raising occasions, the Garden has been open to the public free of charge. This is now a challenging time for the Garden as the NTS has withdrawn their grant and we face the possibility of having no gardener. We are appealing to the public for support to enable us to continue to keep the Garden open to all. There are various ways which you can choose to support the garden;
- By donating through our Paypal account on this page
- By becoming a ‘Friend of the Garden’ for £10 per annum, (See our Friends page) As a Friend of the Garden you will be supporting the maintenance and future development of this extraordinary garden.
- Visiting the Garden on our Open Days for a small charge.
- Donations by cheque can be sent to our Treasurer Mrs S Mercer 4 Old Church Lane Edinburgh EH15 3PX
- By remembering us in your Will
- In practical ways by volunteering in the Garden or by using special skills to help fund raise etc.
- Coming to Events
Registered charity No SC028197